Today marks one month since I became a stay at home mom. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone by, yet I look back and wonder if I've even accomplished anything during this mouth! I kid.. kind of! The house is mostly put together and we're settling into our schedule. So here's what I think about staying home so far:
1. I know that one day it will happen and it will be hard, but for now, staying at home is fun and so easy. Honestly, I still remember how hard it was to drop him off at daycare every day and only get to spend about an hour total with him. Thinking about that keeps me grateful for all of the hours I do get with him!
2. I do think the first week home was hard on Griff to adjust to not having all of the noise and activity of daycare, but he has done well. He wakes up between 7-8 to start his day, then we have a an hour and a half of eating, alone play time, and then play time together before he goes down for a nap and we start it over again. He didn't nap at all at daycare, but I've worked hard to get him on three naps a day and he does really good most days with all of them.
3. It blows my mind that just last month, I was waking up at 6 a.m. every day. Yeah... definitely not doing that now!! Most days I let Griff serve as my alarm clock, which works out rather well. I am trying to start going to bed earlier, as we have gotten in a really bad habit of being up till at least 11:30 or 12 every night. I am trying to be in bed by 10:30 so that I am more rested during my days. Here's hoping it works!
4. I really wondered if I would be bored staying at home and end up wanting to look for a part time job, but we're too busy for that! Mondays we go to the church to help serve lunch to the high school students. Tuesdays we play in our church league soft ball game. Wednesdays we have to be at the church at 3:30 to help watch the junior high students and we're there till 7-7:30 when Griff starts melting down. Thursdays are our slow day and Fridays are usually either play dates or MOPS, along with Cody's typical day off. I also try to attend the work out class at our church on M,T and TH, so the days seem to go by quickly! Our social butterfly enjoys all of our activities though, and the students seem to enjoy having him around!
5. I'm so thankful that I've already made some really sweet friends here. There are several moms with kids around Griff's age that have been nice to include us in their activities. They seem to be as crazy as I am, so it feels like a perfect fit!
And because I can't leave without showing him off...