Knock, knock... Anyone out there?
Things have been quiet around the blog front, but oh so fast and furious in real life! Here's what's been going on:
1. The last three weeks have been a mess of boxes, newspaper, packing and unpacking. The movers came on March 28 and y'all, THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Here is Cody, sitting around watching while they did all of the work. It's is the first time in 10 years that I've moved and he hasn't had to do all of the heavy lifting, so he was super excited! We've seriously had people ask us 3 days after the movers came if we were all settled in and I just had to laugh. All of our stuff is finally in one place and someday, I'll get it all unpacked too!
2. Important items we've lost so far: our cookie sheets, towels, tax information and the power cord to our computer. The comfort in moving is that you know everything is in a box, the problem is finding that box.
3. After the movers came, griff and I headed back to Abilene for our last week of daycare and work. We stayed with our good friends the Lains and had such a great week. Griff is already a champ at understanding sharing: he knew that Whaley had cool toys and should share them with Griff!
It was a really great last week and I'm thankful we had a little more time to spend with friends.
4. Poor Griff is having a rather rough week. I think we're dealing with teething, sinus stuff, allergies and the move all at one time, which is making him a little bit of a cranky pants. Moments looking like this are pretty frequent:
It can be a little trying at times, but I am so thankful that I am home with him dealing with his crankiness and not having to drop him off a daycare knowing he's not feeling good. We're picking up some medicine tomorrow and I hope that will help.
5. I started watching Alias on Amazon Prime while I've been packing and unpacking. I have one episode left in season one and OH MY GOODNESS! I'm hooked! If you're looking for a show to pass some time, worth it!
This has probably taken me much longer to do than it should have, so I better get back to work. Eventually we'll find the computer cord and things will get back to normal around here!