Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Size of Baby: According to Baby Center, Ten is now the size of an avocado, about 4 1/2 inches long! I think the coolest thing to think about is the fact is that T's tiny little heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood a day. Seriously, it blows my mind to think about this!
- Overall I've been doing really good, just tired. Between getting back on Sunday from vacation, heading back to work on Monday and a crazy couple of days, I haven't gotten enough sleep this week. I'm already counting down the days until I get to sleep in on Saturday!
- My mom mentioned to me several times about hearing about ladies who couldn't even brush their teeth without gagging and I just scoffed at her. Bad idea. I'm not having issues brushing my teeth, but taking my prenatal vitamin has become such a chore. For real. I almost start gagging just thinking about putting water in my mouth to swallow the pill. My dr. told me I could just do a double dose of Flinstone kid's chewables, but they leave a gross gritty taste in your mouth that also makes me want to gag. So currently I have quite a lengthy pep talk I have to give myself every night about how I need the vitamins for the health of T, take a big 'ole swig of water and pray it stays down. If it doesn't get any better, I have seen some gummy chewable prenatal vitamins that I just may have to splurge and get. (It's like $10 for a bottle of 30. Yeesh.)
Cravings/Aversions: Salt! We had an office brunch birthday party on Monday that was some of the best fruit I've had in a long time. Since then, I've really enjoyed the left over cantaloupe with some salt for my morning snack! Though, it might be better described as salt with a little cantaloupe :) I was even tempted to send Cody to the store last night to get me a cantaloupe to curb my hunger at 11 pm, but I resisted. I will certainly be picking one up this weekend!
Maternity Clothes: Still just using the belly band occasionally. Thankfully my warm weather dresses were rather baggy and still fit, though definitely different than they fit last year! I probably could use some maternity pants, but I will admit, I'm a little nervous to move into maternity clothes that might be a little big right now... I don't want to see that as free reign to do lots of growing! (meaning... lots of snacking for me!)
Sleep: Sleeping fine... just wishing for more right now! Still having lots of bathroom breaks! I've almost gotten used to only being able to sleep on my sides... but I still wish I could lay on my back!
Highlights Of This Week:
- Vacation last week was definitely the highlight. Wishing we were still there!
Funniest Dream Of This Week:
- The main funny dream I remember right now is that one of my friends confessed to me that she was pregnant... from another friend's husband. I was so worried about how she was going to tell her husband the news. Now, please don't think that I'm dreaming up affairs. If you knew the people I was dreaming about, you would laugh. They did!
Looking forward to:
- Our sonogram tomorrow! It's almost been a month since we've gotten to see Little T and I can't wait to see the size difference. Plus, we should know pink or blue by the time we're out of there! (We're having a gender reveal party with our families next weekend though, so I've got to try my best to be mum's the word on the results! Who knows if I'll make it!)